Monday, March 21, 2011

Trina: By and By

Late:
Happy St. Patrick's Day 

So, St. Patrick's Day freaked me out a little this year:

This was the holiday that I grasped a little more of what we've gotten ourselves into with Alivia:

On the evening of St. Patrick's Day,
  I remembered that Alivia needs to not only wear something green to pre-school,
but that she needed to bring a green snack too...well, yikes!
I barely remembered to put something green on her that day! 

I haven't had to remember something like this for quite a while now.

Take for example Valentine's Day.
I only remembered that she needed cards for her classmates a few days before.
Not good.

And I use to be such a good classroom mom...
Cute Valentine's Day card mailboxes, all decorated with hearts and stickers.
Handmade cards with candy...or better yet...
  heart covered gift bags with handmade frosted sugar cookies 

for the whole class and office staff.


I made sure my children wore green on St. Patrick's Day.
I even bought cute pins with four leaf clovers for them and their teachers one year.
I was all over it:

Those days were far behind me (happily, because frankly, that was a lot of stress).
Alivia has thrown me back into the lion's cage:

I only partly understood my demise at her Holiday Party:
They asked me to bring frozen waffles, toasted, with a bottle of syrup.
I was very happy to oblige this easy task until I realized they weren't having a 'class' activity.
  They actually wanted me to stay and eat with them!
I needed to just drop her off and leave, but, I'm trying here, so I stayed for the whole thing...
Lots of playtime.
Lots of yelling and screaming.
Lots of donuts and other variety of 'breakfast' food.
I even did a craft with her.

Yes, I did have to crawl inside:
Another clue to my downfall that day 
was that, not only did the other moms bring their assigned food, 
but they also brought gifts, 
and, not only were there gifts for the teachers, 
but there were gifts to all the kids from the teachers,
and even more gifts from the students to their classmates.
Where was the reminder note in the green folder about this holiday tradition?

Even though I understand that I'm not up to par anymore with classroom parties,
or much of anything,
I do love Alivia, so: 


Here we go again:




2 comments:

  1. The fact that you are there and still crawling around in tents says a lot. haha You are a great mommy and Alivia is a lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete