Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Eryn: A Formal Introduction

Waiting for the Greyhound Bus. Not my favorite moment:

If you know me or have read this blog before, you might have noticed that I haven't written too much about Eryn.  This is not a mistake on my part, or favoritism, as some 'other' children might want to believe. It's simply that my Eryn encompasses so much of me that it's hard to put into a blog, and I have, therefore, been unable to write about her. There is just so much to Eryn.

Eryn came into this world, like any true Fife, 2 weeks late, screaming like a banshee and with a purple face. She would probably still be in the womb if not for the emergency cesarean that my ob/gyn finally preformed...and I do mean finally. But once Eryn saw daylight there was no stopping her.  Let me just say she rocked my world the day she was born and hasn't stopped since.

She is preparing to return to BYU-Idaho in a few weeks. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's been odd to send her off for only one semester of college and then have her come right back home before Christmas. I was so happy to see that she was healthy and breathing, but at the same time I didn't have time to catch my breath from when had she left. Now she will be leaving us again for 2, count 'em 2, whole semesters, and I probably won't see her until next Christmas.  Again, laugh or cry...I don't know.

When she came home, she slept straight for two weeks and then hit the pavement looking for a job. She's been working at Silver Diner being a hostess, catching up with friends, reading books and watching movies since being home, and she's taken two trips to Yorktown to visit her boyfriend, Andrew.  



This past weekend she took MeKenzie with her to visit Busch Gardens and to see Andrew again before they get to see each other every day at school (hmmmmm....). I think it was...
"The Great Fife Sister Bonding Trip":


Sisters with Sassy Sunglasses:

She's helped a lot with driving, shopping, Alivia and even got involved in building "The Playset" :

Eryn and a power tool:


Eryn is an adventure in and of herself, and I'm so happy that I get to be part of it. She's an amazing young woman that is bursting with hope of the future, and it's not hard to get caught up in all the excitement. I am going to miss her so much. 


Alivia and Eryn. Both running head first into the future:


This past weekend was just a prelude to her leaving us again. I was full of misgivings and tears at that parting... I can't imagine what it will be like in a few weeks:


Again, do I laugh or cry:

Probably a lot of both:

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's already leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eryn IS an adventure! what a great, one-word sum up of a wonderful girl.

    Rebecca =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. It feels like an amputation when they leave because they are such a part of who we have become. (((Trina))))

    ReplyDelete