Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday: Rest or Stressed?

I have really enjoyed this weekend:

I attended a Stake Relief Society Conference:
The classes and instructors were amazing:
I definitely picked up on a theme to help me in my life:
Prepare:

For everything:

I went to three very different classes, but came away thinking:
"There is so much for me to be prepared for":
Blessings, callings, personal revelation, and the unexpected:
And so much more:
 I don't know if this was something the leaders had in mind for us sisters to pick up on:
But for me it was a thread that would weave through my thoughts through the rest of weekend:

This morning our sacrament meeting was exceptionally good:
Eryn spoke:
She was asked to visit our ward and talk about attending a "church school":
Her spirit was lovely as she spoke of her testimony building experiences at BYU-Idaho:
I was really proud of her:
And yes, she did make me cry:

Then a couple from our ward spoke and intensified the spirit even more:
I went and taught my amazing Sunday School class:
I team teach the 14-15 yr olds, but I was lucky enough to have the 12-13 yr olds too today:
(or were they lucky to have me...?)
I think I embarrassed MeKenzie, but I couldn't help it:
My enthusiasm for the lesson could not be contained:

After that we had a combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting in the last hour:
Our lesson was marvelous:

Here's the catch:
(you knew there was one coming, didn't you?)

Alivia hasn't completely recovered from her cold:
She's been very whiny and very clingy:
She held it together for sacrament and primary:
But she has her limits and she hit it head on as soon as church ended:

As I was nearly running, in heels, to get her out of those "Chapel Doors":
Her screaming was so loud that I thought she had shattered my ear drum:
My eyes were rolling into the back of my skull with pain:

So imagine all these wonderful, uplifting, good feelings that I had just experienced:




Now imagine blood pouring out of my ear:


I could not get out of there fast enough:
I just keep thinking "Get her in the car and get home":

We barely made it out of the parking lot:
I had to pull over, yank gently take her out of her car-seat and let her scream it out:

Here's the other calamity:
I was on a major road-way. 4 lanes. On the shoulder. With a screaming 3 year old:
As cars are rushing by us, I am trying to get her to gain a semblance of control:
She's crying, screaming, yelling, hitting the car:

At about this time, other ward members are starting to leave:
Sweet, kind ward family:

Some rolled down their windows and called out:
"Do you need anything?":
"Is everything OK?":
"Are you just going to leave her there in the ditch?":

So I picked her up and took her to the other side of the car:
Where she evolved into a whole different form of species:



It took a good 5 minutes for her to let go of me:
Another 3 getting her into her car-seat:
I'm not sure what she was thinking as she was whimpering in the back:
But once we got rolling again she uttered in a hiccupy voice:
"I didn't want you to leave me":

OK:
This broke my heart:
This hurt worse then my still ringing right ear:


I never imagined that she would even consider me leaving her:
 On a major road-way. 4 lanes. On the shoulder:
I almost pulled over again just to hold her:
Instead, I tried to bring those good feelings back that I had been experiencing:
The Spirit is so loving and He once again filled our car with happiness:

And I was prepared:

2 comments:

  1. LOL .....one of those mom moments. I had one like this with Austin when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read about your life....so lucky to have you for a friend.

    ReplyDelete