Friday, February 25, 2011

Josh: Debt and Deals

I went to Target today and look what I found:

New and Improved race-car rug:

 $7.48 on clearance:
What a deal

I am also excited because a debt will finally be paid to Josh:

Flashback:
We moved to Dayton, OH from sunny L.A.:
Into a house that was half the size of our military housing:
Yikes! This meant we had to downsize everything:
So what do you do when you to get rid of half of everything:

You have a yard sale:

Josh's race-car rug was 'accidentally' put in the yard sale:

 1.5 years later...another move:
From Ohio to Virginia into a townhouse with a playroom:
Sadly, race-car rug has not been replaced:
I promised Josh a new one, but I can't even find one...
Okay, truth... I really didn't look for one: 

But still:
I have not heard the end of it:
Josh has mourned the loss of that race-car rug for about 12 years now:

Josh:
It's time to let go of the old race-car rug:
  Embrace the bigger and better race-car rug:
That I got...on clearance...

Here's my promise to Alivia:
I will never sell this rug:
You may think that this rug is yours, but it's not. It's Josh's:
I will let you play with it anytime you want:
In fact, I will make Josh play race-car rug with you  
anytime you want:

Go for it, Josh! Live your childhood:

A new promise to Josh:
I will hold onto this new and improved race-car rug:
Until I have grandkids (see previous post):

That's all the thanks I need...for now:

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...I remember Josh and that car rug. I have "accidentally" donated many things that have (and haven't) been missed. It's hard when every little piece of paper is "very special" to a certain child of mine.

    ReplyDelete