Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Splash of Orange: MeKenzie

I love MeKenzie:

She is a truly amazing, vibrant, thirteen year old, happy, moody, 
talented, beautiful young woman: 
She really is:

So, MeKenzie has worked very hard to get straight A's, 
particularly this past semester. 
And her perseverance has paid off!

 
SHE DID IT:


Her middle school is NOT the easiest to go to:
(as you may have noticed from my previous post),
It's an IB Program (International Baccalaurate) School 
that has pretty high standards for those in the program, 
but not so much for those who are not in it...
And I, as are the rest of us...Josh?...right?...
am incredibly proud of her...
Some may even be a little jealous...Josh? Eryn?... 
Hello?...

A few things about our youngest teen:

She will laugh at just about anything.
Even if it's not funny...Which makes us either:
A) roll our eyes, or B) join in. 
Usually a combination of both:

She loves scarfs:

She has NO fear of trying a new-do:



She is very fond of the color ORANGE:
Her bathroom, which she shares with Josh is
orange, much to Josh's horror:

She's very artistic and is the only one of us girls who can sew...
Made with the help and love of our dear friend, Mama Rowie.
 (Jacque Rowberry) 
‘Sew' far…


She's a very sweet, very careful young girl, 
but watch out for her on the Basketball Court...
She's deadly.  
She gets it from me, of course.
Be afraid...be very afraid:

She shared a bedroom with Alivia until Eryn went to school,
and then promptly (like one day after) 
took over that space.
And she's fairly tidy too.

She knows when the Spirit is speaking to her and 
she's a great listener.

These are just a few reasons for us to love our Kenzie:  
believe me, there are many more.

You go girl.



5 comments:

  1. Man I love Kenzie:) shes so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved teaching MeKenzie for that year or so before I was put into the presidency! She is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, MeKenzie rocks! I just can't wait until she's in Miamaids with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love McKenzie too! I love her carefree, easygoing personality and the fact that she laughs at everything. She can babysit for us anytime, especially cause I can't always laugh at my kids:)

    ReplyDelete