Thursday, February 17, 2011

February: Toes and Flip-Flops

I can't believe it's going to be 70 degrees today and tomorrow.  
It's like a winter miracle:

Today Alivia and I were invited to go to 
the "posh" Montclair playground:

And I couldn't think of a better way to enjoy this
beautiful day then to let my toes have a breather from a winter of knee-high, wool/cotton blend socks and boots:

I don't have pretty toes, in fact, I had the 
unfortunate nick-name of "Sausage Toes" in Jr. High...
after some punk kid stripped me 
of my shoes, socks and dignity on the football field 
(you will rue that day, Troy Gravatt!  Rue it...):

 
 On a brighter note:

A sweet friend gave me a bottle of fabulous OPI nail polish called "Quarter of a Penny Cherry" for my birthday and I decided that today was the perfect day to use it:


Isn't it the best? I love it:



Alivia and I soaked up the fun and sun at the playground:

For an hour and a half Alivia ran around like the crazed, 
home-bound 3 year old that's she been for months:

I got to sit and enjoy the sun 
and best of all...visit with some awesome women:
 
Too bad we had to leave
because 'someone' pooped in her panties 
(not me): 
  
Oh well. At least I got to paint my toes,
and wear flip-flops:

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that color. I may need to treat my toes to the same kind of pampering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color! And I have to admit I have playground envy, both for your 70 degrees and a little buddy to take there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts! I always laugh out loud. I wondered why you left all of a sudden. Poop in the panties explains it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On a bright side you weren't in a torture chamber at school with no sunlight to be seen anywhere! :D

    ReplyDelete