Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shoes: The Assassins

Yes, I know I never finished Spring Break Blogging, I know...
And maybe I'll get back to it, but until then enjoy:

What is the deal with shoes?
I spend day after day after day picking up someone else's shoes:

This is just last weekend: 
This is our porch. I get sick of picking them up so I throw them outside:
One side of the steps in the garage:
The other side. Just in case I don't trip on the one side, I can trip on the other:
I put a basket out so I wouldn't pitch over anymore and kill myself:
Only Alivia was appreciative and excited about it.
 "A basket for shoes? Oh, thanks Mommy! You're the best!"
Her enthusiasm was short lived though: 
Yes, that is under a table:
Oh! There's that other shoe:

The biggest clipper is my busy husband.
He just doesn't have time to think about where shoes should actually go. 
He just drops them where he is at the moment:

It's like a minefield everyday making the bed and using the bathroom:

This does not include all the shoes that are laying around in closets or in the kids rooms, so you can imagine how I feel like shoes are walking all over me:

 I'm thinking we should all just start going barefoot, 
let a third world country have all our shoes,
but then we'd have to clean up all the other junk on the floor:

Answers:
One pair of shoes each? No matter what occasion? 
Umm, I don't think that would go over well with the troops:
Make the family pick up their own shoes?
Sure!
It will probably take me breaking my arm first though:


I'm willing to sacrifice: 

If it gets me out of picking up shoes for a while:




3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Shoes make me crazy too!! I can see 5 pairs on the floor right now from where I am sitting. Oh the madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I have a bench in my entry way so people can sit to take their shoes off when they come it. Now when the front door is open there are about 15 pairs of shoes crammed under the bench to greet people with. Anytime someone can't find their shoes that's the first place they go. Unfortunately, it hasn't stopped them from dropping shoes around the rest of the house either. Actually I hate shoes, I'd rather wear socks or slippers and get rid of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not even talk to me about shoes! LOL

    ReplyDelete