Friday, May 27, 2011

Princess: Peas and Ponies

How many of you are familiar with The Princess and the Pea Fairytale?

Here is a modern adaptation of the story:

I had my own version last night:

 For the past few days I've been fighting a bug, 
but it's been winning.
So, last night I took a 'sleep aid' 
and floated off to never-never land...
At least that's what I was hoping I would do:

I tossed and turned and then 
I tossed and turned some more.
The little blue pill that I took to help me sleep 
only kept me in that state of 
"I can't get up and do anything because I'm 
so foggy and tired",
but something else was keeping me from full repose:

Finally 7:00am came around and Alivia wanted me to 
"go downstairs right now and turn on Disney Jr."
Ugh.
As I was trying to roll out of bed 
my aching back hit something sharp:

Alivia likes to line these up and have them talk to me:

 One of these little buggers had been in bed with me 
all night:

It may not have been a pea, 
and I may not have been on 
20 mattress with 20 feather blankets, 
but I surely felt like the princess
who had been fooled into sleeping on a bed 
without broadband:

Curse you My Little Pony:

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry those dang little things made your sleep uncomfortable for you, but it made an awesome blogpost! LOL

    ReplyDelete