Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How Did it Get So Late So Soon?

Boy howdy, it's hard to say goodbye...
 Again:

So, Eryn left early this morning. Like 4:30 am early! There has been some feeling of relief in her leaving, but mostly I've been in a funk all day and trying not to break down into tears. I've been trying to keep busy so I won't think too much about her:

9:15 - took Alivia to school
9:30 - went for a long walk
10:30 - stretched, and a little yoga  
(this is not normal behavior, so don't get excited, people)
11:00 - shower, dressed, etc...v e r y - s l o w l y
11:45 - picked Alivia up from school
12:00 - chicken house
12:30 - decide I must have a nap because:
1: I got up at 4:30 am and 
2: I'm going on the Youth Temple Trip tonight:
1:00 - story for Alivia
1:10 - laying in bed with headphones on so I can't hear Alivia singing to herself 
(I know, it's very sweet, and I usually love listening to her made up songs, but I am tired)

Now, at this point I've been feeling a little blue, but have been able to kept the worst part of being sad and the sobbing, at bay:
That is until my music, which is on shuffle, made me cry like a baby:
I am not kidding when I tell you that these songs came on in this very order:

Journey to the Cemetery (A child leaving your home will make you feel old!)
Never Think (Robert Patterson. Need I say more?)
On My Own (Eryn...my baby...)
Once Upon a December (Eryn's favorite song from this movie)
Safe in the Arms of Love (Did I mention that Eryn has a boyfriend?)
One Day More (oh, Marius...)
You Get Used to Somebody  (Yes! I am use to her, and I liked having her around...)
The Prayer (Oh dear...here come the tears)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (This one put me right over the edge)
Proud Father (This is getting really ridiculous!)
Mama's Song (Forget it, I'm a mess)

Eryn, about 1 week old, and me:

"How did it get so late so soon? 
It's night before it's afternoon. 
 December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn. 
How did it get so late so soon?"
- Dr. Seuss:

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I hope Eryn has a great time...and that you hang in there!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture. You and Eryn are so stinkin cute!! Time goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete